Today there I have a treat. A bit ago I released my review of The Souls of Rain, the book about a strong will Angel who finds out her world might not be what she thought it was. Well she has a new book coming out and I got to do an interview with Diana! You should check her out :)
1. You write for a couple of age groups, which is your favorite to write?
- I like working in multiple genres and write books for readers of different age. It gives a chance to create stories of various kinds, which in turn helps make all of the ideas in my head come true, from unbelievable magical spells to make-you-swoon love scenes:) I enjoy writing fantasy a lot, but my fantasy books are created both for YA and NA readers, and I actually think that people of all ages can read them, because they tell about the things that are important for everyone: family, friendship and love.
2. What is your favorite thing to write?
- Dialogs. I always try to make them as real as possible, so that every reader could easily imagine him/herself being one of my characters. I think that dialogs are very important, as they help make any book more interesting. In my stories, they take the biggest part of the narration.
3. What is your favorite thing to read?
- I read books of various genres, from contemporary romances to thrillers.
4. What is your favorite dessert?
- Ice-cream:) With fruits and chocolate or strawberry syrup.
5. What was it that made you build up the courage to turn a story on your computer to a published work?
- Well, frankly, when I started writing my first book I didn’t think about publishing it. But after it was ready, I thought it was too good to get lost on one of my hard disks. So I edited it and published, hoping to find readers who would love it:) Fortunately, I never regretted that decision:)
6. What is the hardest part of writing for you?
- I used to think that it was editing. But now, I realize that every step of writing is important, from the title and to the last word of my book. I also think that cover design and book synopsis should be well thought-out, because this is what readers see first.
7. When do you find time to write?
- I’m a full-time writer:) So almost every day I find some time to write. I do have breaks, but they never last too long, because even when I’m not writing I’m still thinking about the new ideas for my books:)
8. What is your favorite book?
- I don’t have one:) But if you mean a favorite of my books, it’s Songs of the Wind (Love Lines, # 2). It’s such a touching, beautiful and emotional story; I truly enjoyed working on it. Besides, it was the first book that showed my poems that I had always been afraid of revealing:)
9. What advice would you give to those who want to get into writing?
- Do your best to make your writing dreams come true, and never stop half-way. Trust me, the moment you take your own book into your hands is worth anything:)
10. Can you tell us any tidbits of your upcoming novel?
- My next book to come out is a NA romance, named Love Undone. It’s a ‘roller-coaster’ love story, full of unpredictable twists, passion, fire and drama:) Here’s the synopsis of the book:
What would you do if all your memories were gone?
One day Kassie wakes up and realizes that her life is nothing but an endless emptiness…
One tragic incident takes away everything that she ever cherished and loved: family, friends and all the best moments that she ever lived through.
Now everything seems unknown, including a beautiful stranger, whose mere look makes her heart beat faster. Who is that reckless and mysterious man? Is he just an old friend or an enemy?
Sinking into the vortex of indescribable feelings and emotions, they will give in to the most irresistible temptation ever, just to fall in love with each other, again and again…
Love Lines BLOG TOUR
The traces of supernatural powers have always been crossing the world of human beings. Many people know about the existence of healers, mind readers, oneiromancers and wizards. But for centuries their lives have been kept secret and no one has ever heard about Dever, a kingdom of mysteries and magic.
Neither has Eileen Clark, whose life has never been different from the one other teenagers have.
Everything changes the day Eileen receives an invitation to join the ranks of Dever’s students.
Nothing will ever be the same again…
New life, new friends, new enemies…
And love so powerful that no magic will be able to destroy…
Read CHAPTER 1 + Watch book trailer
Books by Diana Nixon:
Love Lines (Live Lines, # 1) http://diananixon.blogspot.com/p/buying-books.html
Songs of the Wind (Love Lines, # 2) http://www.amazon.com/Songs-Wind-Gift-Lines-ebook/dp/B00AG0VLLG/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1380786065&sr=8-9&keywords=love+lines+diana+nixon
From Scratch (Love Lines, # 2.5) http://www.amazon.com/Scratch-Gift-Love-Lines-ebook/dp/B00CD5URJO/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1380786065&sr=8-5&keywords=love+lines+diana+nixon
Diamond Sky (Love Lines, # 3) http://www.amazon.com/Diamond-Sky-Love-Lines-ebook/dp/B00DVQSH64/ref=la_B007PY0IMO_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1380786245&sr=1-2
Hate at First Sight: http://www.amazon.com/Hate-First-Sight-Diana-Nixon-ebook/dp/B00G93ATDK/ref=sr_1_fkmr2_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1383047988&sr=8-1-fkmr2&keywords=love+lines+diana+nixon
The Souls of Rain: http://www.amazon.com/The-Souls-Rain-Heavens-Trilogy-ebook/dp/B00HDG4ES8/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1387346636&sr=8-7&keywords=diana+nixon
About the author:
Diana Nixon is a poet and the author of fantasy and contemporary romances.
She was born in
she currently lives. In 2008 she graduated from Belorussian state University.
She has a Master of Law degree and speaks several foreign languages, including
English, Polish and Spanish. Minsk,
Official page: http://www.diananixon.blogspot.com/
Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/diananixon96/Buying books: http://diananixon.blogspot.com/p/buying-books.html