Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Review ~ The Runner by J. M. Johnson

Good Morning,
I have a review of a Young Adult novel (I know it's been a bit since I did that!). This is an indie author, J.M. Johnson. This is a post-apocalyptic that has a little bit of sci-fi feel at the end.


Are you strong enough to survive? Electricity is gone. Government has been broken down. People are scattered, doing whatever they can do to survive. Avi is a runner, someone who is between the age of 13-17 who runs errands from one 'town' to another for their community, risking her life every time she leaves the fenced in area. Avi lives in the star town of the new world, but when things go hay wire, she is the first to volunteer to rise up to find answers that will save lives.

This is the first piece that I am reading by J.M. Johnson, and I enjoy reading indie books because there are some creative pieces that are not as well known. These are characters that are willing to do whatever it takes to survive, and helps the readers see despite all the bad in the world, even a smile can make a difference. She does give you detail that helps you understand the new world that she has created for The Runner. The only issue I had was that I felt like I was being talked to, rather than reading in some parts. However, the second book is released and I will probably be picking that up at some point :)

Kindle $2.99
Amazon Paperback $9.30

Barnes&Nobles
Smashwords

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for checking out my blog and please do not be afraid to comment!