Monday, May 5, 2014

What am I up to Blog Hop!

Hi!
So you may or may not have seen the the Blog Hop of different authors the past month. Sonya posted a week ago tagging me in her post. She is real sweet you should check out her post. She tagged me and I'll do my best to answer these questions without sounding all over the place!


1. What am I working on? 
Currently I'm working on three different stories. One is in edit mode, one is almost done being written, and I just started a new story the other week. A Pirates' Life for Me is in the edit mode. I wrote this story when I was sixteen and now I'm going back, fixing the sentences and adding more so that it is more show than tell. The power of writing changing as one gets older. It is a Young Adult book, going back to some of my roots. The one that I am finishing up is the second book and last book for End of the Line. Hopefully everyone will like where I took that journey, add more to the world that everyone thought was gone. Lastly my new project all I'll say is that it is New Adult and that Riley might be making an appearance ;) 

2. How does my work differ from others in its genre?
Psh awesome characters of course! I really hope at least, my characters are what makes my stories than any other stories out there. Pirates and the end of the world aren't new concepts, but hopefully it is my characters and their sense of adventure and the love that develops separates my stories from any other.

3. Why do I write what I do?
I write what I write because I have these characters who will not stop talking and begging to be heard! Plus there is that whole I love writing thing. I love teaching and helping students, but there is something nice where I have time to myself at night and I can just get lost in the words. I write what I write because books were and are still a big part of my life. The plots and characters are imprinted in my mind and at times have helped me through times where I needed that time to myself or help. Hopefully I am that escape to someone else.

4. How does my writing process work?
Oh gees, I really wish there was a nice way to put it, but reading this blog I'm sure you can tell I really am not that organized. What typically happens is I usually get my story ideas during times where I have a lot of tests or homework and shouldn't be writing. I usually write at night for a little bit after the homework and work are done. If it's a break than I write any free time that I can get! I usually have the TV on in the background, because I can't handle silence, it unnerves me which might explain why I work in a middle and high school. 


Next on the blog hop...
1. Mia Hoddell
Mia Hoddell lives in the UK with her family and two cats. She spends most of her time writing or reading, loves anything paranormal and has an overactive imagination that keeps her up until the early hours of the morning.

With three poems published before the age of sixteen, Mia moved on to short stories but finding she had too much to tell with too little space, Mia progressed to novels. She started her first series (The Wanderer Trilogy) at the age of fourteen and since then hasn’t stopped writing. Elemental Killers is her second series and with an ever growing list of ideas, Mia is trying to keep up with the speed at which her imagination generates them.
Her blog: click


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for checking out my blog and please do not be afraid to comment!