Friday, March 15, 2019

Audio Books

Hey!
It's Friday night and I was recording audio for my kids for their upcoming tests. I subject the kids to my voice on an mp3 player. I keep meaning to do YouTube videos so you all can see and hear me. I keep getting sidetracked and it doesn't happen. It will one day!! Hopefully...

So how many people listen to audio books? I personally don't like them because I tend to zone out. Honestly when I listen to music I don't really even listen to the words, but really just the music part. I hate to admit I think I listened to Lips of an Angel by Hinder over 10 times before I realized what I was humming to. Oops!

However, looking at the prices and what the process I'm like "I record all the time for the kids, why would I pay someone for something I already do?" Is that crazy? Would you find it fun to hear the actual author doing the audio book? Would you even want to hear my books as audio books? I am thinking I might start with Beneath the Scars and see how that goes over.

Yet as I was mauling it over one of my kids today was laughing at my voice. Apparently one second I sound like I'm 100 years old the next I sound like a baby. Got to love third graders...

It would be a big project to take on. It might be a great project for the summer when I have more free time. However, whenever I have something on my mind project wise I am usually pretty determined to figure it out. So keep your eyes and ears open for more news.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for checking out my blog and please do not be afraid to comment!